- Morning – Large tea mug with 50ml of low fat milk (24 cal)
- Mid Morning – 60g Muesli with 150ml low fat milk (278 cal)
- Afternoon – 3 cups green tea vanilla (24 cal)
- Evening – Knusperbrot Bruschetta – 3 crispy breads (201 cal)
Now you might be wondering, what in the world is Knusperbrot Bruschetta!? I’ll tell you… I just made a tangy tomato salad and slapped that on top of crispy (aka air) bread.
This is Knusperbrot:
Each of these little crispy breads is only 26 calories! Which makes it ideal for a low calorie day. Now, I am not topping mine with extravagant cold cuts but it still tastes very good with a nice, tangy tomato salad.
Serves 1 – 120 calories or round about
- 1 med-lg chopped tomato
- 100g cucumber diced
- 30g chopped red onion
- 2-3 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
- Jalapeño peppers to taste chopped finely (optional but delicious!)
- 30g light feta cheese crumbled
- juice of one lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine it all together! place on top of the crispy bread and you are ready to go.
I wasn’t planning a workout today because normally that makes me ravenous on fasting days but I did a little over 20 minutes of my kettlebell swing anyway. I began listening to Tracy Reifkind’s podcast interview and it got me all fired up! Felt silly to be sitting down listening to it so I got up and did the swing! I did 15 second intervals and combined several moves I learned from the DVD for a nice overall routine. I went a lot faster now and boy did I work up a sweat! Incredible.
My HRM went to hell because it’s battery was too low and I couldn’t accurately measure the calorie burn on this workout. But if I go by my previous workouts, I’d say it was around 250 calories for that short amount of time. So not bad at all!
Successful day..can’t wait for a lovely weekend now! Hope you are all having a great Friday